½ lb. pasta (any kind with grooves so the sauce will stick to it)
¾ lb. Italian sausage
1/3 c. white wine (why not buy a nice bottle and drink the rest with dinner?)
2 T. butter
¼ onion, sliced thin
1/3 c. heavy cream
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
1. Saute the onion in butter.
2. Add ground sausage to the onion and cook for a few minutes, until almost done.
3. Add the wine, (you can drink a little) and continue to cook until it has evaporated. This will take 3 or 4 minutes.
4. Add the cream and heat on low for 1 minute, just until it’s warm.
5. Finally, you can drain the pasta and mix it in with the sauce. Add the cheese and toss.
Now, just grab a nice loaf of warm Italian bread and your wine.