Friday, April 12, 2013

Getting Organized With Stylebook

     Do you ever feel like you have a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear? Have you ever purchased a black tank top, only to get home and realize you already have three of them? Do you ever find really cute shoes in the store, but just can't remember what you already have that you can wear with them? This happens to me over and over...for more than three decades!
     I've recently found a tool that is helping me stop the madness. Stylebook is an app for the iPhone that allows me to take pictures of my clothes and accessories, then organize them into meaningful categories. This is helping me not only clean out my closet, but now I know exactly what's in my closet. When I go to Ann Taylor and see a cute pair of white jeans, I can look on my phone to see what I have in my closet to wear with them.
     I can shop for items on my phone and save the picture/information to a list, which will help me get what I need and not spend so much on spur of the moment purchases. Wow...thats a win-win situation for me!
     I can also keep track of what I wear, so I can figure out what really works for me and what is just taking up valuable space in my closet.
     It takes a bit of time to take all the pictures...I'm still working on it, but it's worth the time. There are plenty of helpful videos on the website, and the cost of the app is just a few dollars.
     Below is a picture of a  'Look' I saved with the app.
     I took the pictures of the jacket, tank and bracelet myself. I had a hard time getting a good picture of the jeans, so I took the picture from the Ann Taylor site with the app. I also took the picture of my cute Sperry's from the internet.
     I'm well on my way to having an organized closet and spending my clothing dollars a bit more wisely. I'm not sure it means I won't spend as much money, but maybe I'll have a better wardrobe.
     I'm up to the challenge. How about you? Is your closet organized? If so, what is your strategy?

No comments:

Post a Comment